There are few ways to ruin your day quite like coming home to a basement that has been flooded with water and damaged beyond repair. Water damage is a real issue faced by homeowners and renters throughout the nation, particularly in areas where rain is common and overwhelming.
Homeowners can do better with their property by paying attention to the waterproofing services that they've undertaken. Basement waterproofing, as it turns out, can be a phenomenal way to invest in your home, protect your future, and keep your property as functional as possible in the event of potential water damage. Let's explore the world of waterproofing alongside Seattle's top residential and commercial underground contractors.
Signs of Potential Water Damage
A wet or potentially leaking basement can become a significant issue for any homeowner. What appears as a slight trickle of water can become a warning sign that serious issues are around the corner. Water leaks in your basement can go unnoticed long enough to create a host of potential issues ranging from toxic mold to structural damage, not to mention the health issues faced by you and your loved ones along the way.
Some of the most prevalent issues faced by homeowners without basement waterproofing who have seen damaged by water include:
- Pools of Standing Water - The most common sign of water damage in a basement are pools of standing water. Water can accumulate along the foundation before winding its way into the basement through a network of wells, concrete pores, joints, and window cracks. Check for interior leaks before addressing the soil around the foundation.
- Damp & Musty Smells - Standing water and leaking areas can lead to the development of a damp and musty odor throughout the room. This smell isn't just unpleasant, but it is also a sign that mold and mildew growth are potentially on the way. In this scenario, the team at Complete Trenchless could help through their sump pump services.
Crumbling / Cracked Surfaces - Water can cause serious and significant damage to the foundation of your home, leading to cracks and crumbling surfaces. As water degrades the surface, it begins to build hydrostatic pressure that can cause walls to bulge out, leaving damage that only professionals can handle.
Primary Causes to Prevent with Basement Waterproofing
It is important to implement basement waterproofing techniques to protect your basement from the aforementioned issues. With that being said, it is also important to understand the significance and causes of potential water damage in your basement in Washington.
Let's highlight the top causes of wet interior basements so that we can adjust as needed to prevent them from happening in the future.
- Improper Slope - The most common reason for a wet basement can be as simple as the slope of your foundation. The slope should not decline toward the home's foundation, leaving it incorrectly graded and potentially prone to structural damage.
- Poorly Maintained Gutters - Another significant cause of water damage in basements is due to poorly installed and maintained building gutters. From clogs and poor maintenance to improper installation, poorly maintained gutters can become a real headache for homeowners everywhere.
- Basement Cracks - Due to mold or winding water damage, cracks in your basement's foundation can lead to further water damage in the future. Water can flow into your basement from several different paths, following the easiest route.
Find Basement Waterproofing Services with Complete Trenchless
While there are a number of ways to approach waterproofing your basement from the DIY perspective, we personally think there is too much at stake to leave up to chance. Interior DIY systems are often expensive and short-lived, leaving homeowners with damaged interiors and a system that never worked, to begin with.
Working with the team at Complete Trenchless, homeowners can develop a waterproofing system that fundamentally removes water as effectively as an exterior drainage system, keeping the drainage system free from potential issues.
Several benefits come with an interior waterproofing system for your basement, including
- Effective Management - Effectively manage the water beneath your floor by draining the groundwater before it ever reaches your floor, to begin with.
- Long-term Benefits - Basement waterproofing services administered by the professionals at Complete Trenches are quick to install and long-lasting concerning their durability.
- Improve Your Home - Finally, an internal waterproofing system for your basement can go a long way toward protecting the biggest investment in your financial career.
If you are ready to tackle the issues plaguing your basement, pick up the phone and call the team at Complete Trenchless to begin the process. With just a single phone call, you are on your way toward a free quote and the solution to your waterproofing needs.